Saturday, June 20, 2009

And then there were three

Ok, long story--short.  You were due on June 6, 2009.  I worked up until June 5.  That night, we decided to stay over night at Grandma and Granddad's house so that we could visit with them.  Daddy went out with Granddad to the VFW while Mommy went to bed early.  Daddy got home and ready for bed just in time for Mommy's water to break.  Guess he won't be sleeping afterall.  I called the Dr. and he said to come in.  They admitted me somewhere around 2am.  You would be born over 28 hours later.


 I guess it just wasn't time.  I pushed and pushed (for 4 long hours), while the midwife patiently waited for you to make some sort of appearance.  Around 5am on June 7, the doctor finally showed up to get the show rolling.  He suggested a C-Section, which I asked him not to do (I hadn't pushed this long for nothing).  He decided to use a vacuum-extractor to suction you out.  Thank God I couldn't feel a thing. 


To my surprise, I would finally look down and find a black-haired(?) baby laying on my chest as the room full of nurses and students applauded.  It was magical.  There was blood everywhere and Daddy was full of emotion.  Can you imagine the scene?  It was the most surreal moment of my life.

I was told about your angel's kiss birthmark and crooked fourth toes.  The doctor showed us the placenta and educated us on how it works while he stitched me back up, also explaining that I was pretty much tore up every which way.  The nurses weighed and measured you and laid you in my arms.  When Daddy talked, you cranked your neck looking for him.  We both fell in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment