Saturday, March 31, 2012

Coming home

The family is all together in our safe, warm and dry home.  God pointed this out to me in my exhaustion at 3am.  He had me watch a Little House on the Prairie episode with my eyes half open, while pumping milk (every three hours around the clock, so that I might feed you now and store up for future use).  I worried that keeping up with two babies while sleep-deprived might just kill me.  To be honest, I had nightmares during my pregnancy of how difficult it would be.  I dreaded feeling like a zombie, desperate for sleep, while never having the opportunity to nap, be alone, or have the energy to exercise (hence, lose the baby weight).  Then I saw 'ma' struggle to maintain her home while 'pa' was away for several weeks.  There were Indians in her front 'yard', threatening the very safety of everyone inside.  She had to keep the fire going for warmth, all while sitting at the front door with a rifle in fear that the Indians might attack.  Forget about going outside to pee.  She sang songs in what appeared like a state of delerium, just to stay awake all night to protect her family.  This scenario isn't far from the truth for some cultures today and many cultures hundreds of years ago.  God saw it and wanted me to see it.  He has a fantastic way of saying to me "You are safe, warm and dry" and that brought more comfort to me than I can express.  Then He blessed me with women who brought us meals for 2 solid weeks after Daddy went back to work.  And, you know, I had the energy to do what needed to get done, time for napping and figured out a routine in no time.  Having you brought much glory to GOD.  And many smiles to our faces.

I love seeing my complete family.  Look how healthy everyone is.  And safe.  And warm.  And dry.
Never forget these blessings that sometimes we can take for granted.  Others have had it so much harder.  Remember that and remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment