Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The month of ME (I mean, May)!

Can I help it if my birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day AND Military Spouse Appreciation day all fall in the same month?  That is why I have officially deemed this month "The month of ME" (official only to the Emenheiser family-of-four until it catches on among my social network, extended family, neighbors, etc).  The three of you will be reminded of this throughout your life, during this month, on certain occasions such as my being asked to scratch your back, rub your feet, if I'm really going to have a third piece of chocolate cake, why I need another pedicure in the same month, why I need that shirt in four colors and if you can have the remote.  You get the picture.

This year, we kicked things off on May 8 with dinner at Houlihan's with two of my favorite people.

We got a sitter for Marielle, cause she's at an age where she likes to scream and that takes the focus off of, well....me.
But we will be glad to add you to the celebration next year when you are able to announce to strangers that it is "my mommy's birthday!!", like your sister does.
Daddy surprised me in the morning with some beautiful....stems.  He promises they will bloom eventually.  Something to look forward to.


The celebration continued a week later at Hilton Head for Mother's Day weekend.

I shopped for new clothes and ate at a buffet (in that order...don't try this in reverse).  Add a trip to the beach with my darling girls and handsome husband, and you have my idea of a perfect day.

So, as we approach our 9th wedding anniversary in a few days, I am looking forward to dinner and the latest chick-flick.  I will disguise this as my gift to Daddy, and he will wonder how he got suckered, once again.  But then he will remember that he married me because I'm savvy like that.

Daddy will leave the next day for Ft. Polk, LA for a month-long training.  This is not condusive to the month of ME, but the Army hasn't caught on yet.  I'm not holding my breath.




No comments:

Post a Comment