Tuesday, April 24, 2012

We're coming to PA!

The thought of driving 12+ hours by myself with both girls at this particular age is, well, ridiculous, really.  I mean, it's hard enough catering to their every need while Barrett is driving and I'm trying to relax and read my magazines!  But when Barrett announced that he was going to JRTC for nearly a month, I decided I needed to be with my family.  I almost had written the idea off as something that was simply not possible.  But it doesn't take much self-doubt before I ask myself "Who says you can't do this??"  Then God chimed in with the encouragement and insight I needed to set forth on this journey.  God opened my eyes to how simple this journey is as far as He is concerned.  The Alpha and Omega, omnicient and omnipotent, Creator of all things, has seen, in simple terms, worse.  He reminded me of the journey that Joseph and Mary took from Jeruselum to Bethlehem.  On a donkey, very pregnant.  Only to arrive in a city where they would find no warm place to lay their heads.  Only a stable, where Mary would then give birth.  Without drugs.  I was humbled at the thought of gas stations every 5 miles and McDonalds every 10.  A car with a DVD player, AC and a lakehouse to stop at along the way.  We will arrive at my parents home where we will be received with open, loving arms.  Needless to say, I no longer fear, but rejoice.  Thank you God for showing me the bigger picture.  And for being a passenger in all my journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment