Monday, December 26, 2011

This old house

Some time in 1973, my parents had a pretty big day.  They moved into their newly built home and found out they were expecting me.  Christmas time is one of my favorite childhood memories in this house. 




 My parents were pretty eager to produce lots of smiles from two little girls with what 'santa' would bring.






This year, those coveted smiles would be from Laken and Marielle. 







I have awoken in this house on Christmas morning for this, the 37th year in a row. 

Some Christmas's were white. 

This year was green.

But santa showed up to 833 Union School Road no matter the weather.











I know one day, we will start a new tradition in our own home, but for now, I will cherish this opportunity for as many years as I can. Afterall, not everyone can say they spend Christmas morning within the same walls, with the same people they did 30+ years ago.  May we all be here together next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment